Ask Shop Rate: Lee, MI

Posted by  on Apr 16, 2009
Looking to purchase a vacation home in Canada. I live in Michigan and I am a US Citizen. Is this possible and what can I expect? Yes, US Citizens can get a Canadian mortgage. One difference is typically Canadian lenders will only lend up to 65% of the appraised value of the property. The process is very similar to a mortgage in the United States, income verification, front end and back end ratios, credit scores, etc. Canadian mortgage are often of a shorter term, usually a maximum of 25 years.


Get Mortgage Rates by Email

  • Compare mortgage rates offline
  • Get updated rates in your inbox
  • Apply for a mortgage from your email
  • We don't spam

Get Your Rates Emailed Now!

Subscribe To Lending Lowdown
Your information will never be shared
Shoprate User Survey