Minnesota State Banking Department Information

Posted by  on Apr 16, 2009
Minnesota Department of Commerce http://www.commerce.state.mn.us/ Mr. Kevin M. Murphy Commissioner kevin.murphy@state.mn.us 85 7th Place East, Suite 500 St. Paul, MN 55101-2198 Phone:  (651) 296-2135 Fax:  (651) 296-8591 Consumer Complaints: If you have a complaint: Complaints must be submitted in writing before an investigation can begin. Use the Complaint Form in the column to the right. Be sure to: * Write the details of the dispute and include as many facts as possible such as dates, what was said by each party, etc. * Include a daytime phone number and your mailing address. * Attach copies of any documents to support your complaint, such as printed advertisements, applications or cancelled checks. Mail written complaints to: Minnesota Department of Commerce 85 7th Place East, Suite 500 St. Paul, MN 55101 You may also file a complaint by: * E-mailing the department at market.assurance@state.mn.us * Call the Market Assurance Division of the Department of Commerce at 651-296-2488 or 1-800-657-3602.  In the e-mail, or telephone call, state which type of licensed service you wish to file a complaint about, and your inquiry will be directed to an investigator who handles cases in that industry. The investigator will usually be able to tell you if your complaint is something they are able to investigate. The investigators cannot provide legal advice. Complaints must be submitted in writing before an investigation can begin. Enforcement Authority Depending on the results of the investigation, the commissioner of the Department of Commerce can take the following actions: * Deny a license to an applicant; * Issue Cease and Desist Orders, banning business activities for unlicensed individuals or businesses; * Censure a licensee; * Suspend a license; * Revoke a license; * Issue a Statement of Charges; * Impose fines or penalties; * Refer cases for criminal prosecution. The Department cannot: * Act as your lawyer or give you legal advice; * Recommend a particular licensee i.e. bank, insurance or real estate company/agent , etc.; * Resolve a dispute when the only evidence is your word against the word of the licensed/registered entity; * Make medical judgments; * Make determinations related to the facts of a case - For example, we cannot determine the value of damaged or stolen property or conclude who was at fault for an accident. Mortgage License Information: http://www.state.mn.us/portal/mn/jsp/content.do?subchannel=-536893086&id=-536881352&agency=Commerce

For current Minnesota Mortgage Rates please visit:


Get Mortgage Rates by Email

  • Compare mortgage rates offline
  • Get updated rates in your inbox
  • Apply for a mortgage from your email
  • We don't spam

Get Your Rates Emailed Now!

Subscribe To Lending Lowdown
Your information will never be shared
Shoprate User Survey